Your privacy and security are very important to us.
“Personal Information” is any information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked to you or your household, including your name, address, phone number, or email address.
Personal Information We May Collect Via the Site
Through your use of the Site and your direct communications with us, we may collect two different types of Personal Information about you: Personal Information you provide directly to us and Personal Information we collect through technology.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
We may collect the following types of Personal Information directly from you via the Site or through your direct interactions with us outside of the Site:
- Phone number
- Organization or employer name
- Email address
- Credit card, bank information, or other financial information
Information We Collect Via the Site Through Technology
When you visit the Site, we may collect information through technology about you that could be considered Personal Information. For example, we may collect information about your browser type and/or your location each time you visit the Site. The Site collects this information (“Technical Data”) automatically, and we may use the Technical Data we receive from the Site to ensure the Site are functional. We may also use and retain Technical Data from the Site to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site and to otherwise analyze the visits to our Site.
Information Provided by Third Parties
We may receive certain Personal Information about you from third parties that is otherwise publicly available. We may combine such Personal Information provided by third parties with Personal Information you give directly to us via the Site as addressed above.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we receive from you via the Site or from your interactions with us outside of the Site for the following reasons, among others:
- To provide you with information about our work or our activities;
- To fundraise in accordance with our internal policies and procedures;
- To organize events that you have registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- To process donations or other forms of support;
- With your express consent, to provide our newsletters and publications;
- To respond to your questions and provide related services;
- To respond to applications for employment or volunteering;
- To administer our Site and for other internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Site and ensure that content is presented most effectively;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site that may interest; and
- Where we are required by law to use your information for certain purposes.
Who Your Personal Information Is Shared With
Other than in certain circumstances (as described below), we will not share your Personal Information with any third parties without your consent.
We may disclose your Personal Information to protect your safety or security, or to protect our rights or those of third parties.
Protection of Information
We endeavor to keep your Personal Information secure. We use technical, administrative, and physical methods designed to maintain the integrity and security of your information, including the use of encryption and reputable service providers. Please be aware though that there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be responsible or liable for any damages, losses, or causes of action arising out of or in connection with the inadvertent or unauthorized disclosure of your Personal Information. You use our Site and send information at your own risk.
Our Site does not knowingly collect, solicit or retain Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event we learn that we collected Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13, we will use our best efforts to remove that information as quickly as possible.
If you believe that we might have any information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site and service providers use “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to distinguish you from other users of the Site. This helps us to, among other things, ensure functionality of the Site and to customize and improve the content and layout of the Site.
Most browsers allow you to manage how cookies are set and used as you’re browsing, and to clear cookies and browsing data. For more information regarding the management of cookies, please check your browser settings.
Although not through cookies, we also measure the success of the emails we send using analytic tools provided by Google Analytics.
RUTH PLACE’s activities are focused on the United States. While the Internet allows our Site to be accessed from anywhere in the world, RUTH PLACE is not targeting its actions or Site to users in other countries. If you access our Site from outside the United States, it is your responsibility to comply with local laws in doing so.